We’re looking for an experienced Senior Designer to join our in-house Creative & Content team at tails.com for 12 months. The ideal candidate has exceptional creative flair and the ability to inspire those around them with beautifully-crafted designs. We're seeking someone who is detail-oriented, doesn’t shy away from a fast-paced environment, excellent at presenting and importantly, has the ability to see a brief through a strategic lens, so that the work they deliver is sure to resonate in the real world.
This opportunity will involve concepting for and designing for new product launches, plus digital and physical assets across all our touchpoints - CRM journeys, in box comms, direct mail and other creative campaigns. This position will include line managing our Junior Designer and as the most senior designer on our creative team, they will be an authority on design across the business, knowing the tails.com brand inside out.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Build a powerful brand
At tails.com, the Brand team defines our brand strategy and partners across the business to creatively bring this to life across all customer touchpoints (physical, digital and experience). The team is part of the Brand & Proposition Group, and is made up of the core Brand team, the Creative & Content team and the Product Design team.
Build our brand
We’re building an international brand, fast. We set ambitious goals. We challenge and support each other in equal measure. At the pace we’re moving, we prefer to test ideas and learn quickly rather than spend months building a business case. That means we celebrate when things go right, and we learn when things go wrong.
Creative & Content at tails.com
The Creative & Content team sit within the wider Brand team at tails.com We are responsible for bringing tails.com to life across our owned channels - how we look, how we sound, who we are - across physical, digital and social assets.
Sounds like a team you'd like to join? Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
The Senior Designer will create well-thought-through, crafted work that lands with impact and fulfils the needs of both Brand and the wider business (UK and DE), across all our touchpoints.
You will be responsible for:
- Producing impactful and memorable creative for tails.com - this includes thinking of and developing creative concepts and then designing up (predominantly) digital and physical assets across all our touchpoints - CRM journeys, NPD launches, in box comms, direct mail and other creative campaigns
- Leading the design team, specifically line managing our Junior Designer and empowering them to create their best output
- Adapting and delivering our new brand campaign across tails.com touchpoints and be an authority on our new visual identity across the business
- Establishing leadership and rapport within tails.com, becoming the go-to person and authority on design and our creative output
The skills you’ll bring:
- Proven experience of conceptual thinking and presenting concepts/territories - we’d love to see a strategic eye that enables you to develop compelling concepts that resonate
- 7+ years graphic design experience, with a varied portfolio of digital / social / physical campaigns to back it up
- Articulate, confident and assertive in presenting work
- Proficient in Adobe Suite and Figma
- Line management experience
Not essential, though nice-to-have:
- Adobe Premiere expertise or similar to edit videos / create content
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer. We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.
During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible core hours, giving you true work life balance.
- Hybrid role to ensure this role works for you.
- 25 days of holiday (excluding bank holidays) which increases over time to a max of 27 days.
- 9/10 day working week, meaning every other Friday off to enhance your wellbeing without a reduction in pay and leave allowance.
- Optional 5 days unpaid leave and 1 paid volunteer day each year.
- When you need a change of scenery, you can work from abroad 2 weeks every 6 months.
- Health insurance for you, paid by tails.com and discounted gym membership.
- Extended maternity, shared parental and adoption pay. Up to 6 months at 70% pay, linked to statutory parental pay.
- Flexible paid care leave to support immediate dependents, people close to you and pets.
- Electric car lease, through a salary sacrifice scheme.
- An external financial coach to support a range of topics - debt management, savings and investments.
- Vet service - to support with all pet related questions.
- In house L&D team, with access to year round courses to help drive your development.
- 50% discount on all tails.com and 40% on Republic of Cats products.
If this sounds like it matches your experience and what you’d love to do, we can’t wait to hear from you! If you’re unsure whether you fit our criteria exactly, please get in touch anyway. And because we believe that diverse teams perform better, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Here’s a taster of how our recruitment process works:
Upon submitting your application, your CV and portfolio will be reviewed by our Creative Manager.
If selected for the next stage, you will then have a call with our Talent Acquisition Manager so we can learn more about your background, experiences, and skill sets (15 mins).
Should you be successful, the next stage will be a video call with our Creative Manager (45 mins).
If successful, you will then be invited to present your recommendations in response to a provided task to a panel of interviewers (30 mins).
The final stage is a video call with our Head of Creative and Content (30 minutes).