We are exclusively considering UK residents for this role. This is offered as a fully remote position, though you’re welcome to work from our London office whenever you wish.
Changing the world of pet food for good
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world’s largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
Together, we’ll change the world of pet food for good.
Our entire business is built around phenomenal customer service. As a CX Specialist, you’ll actively listen, solve problems and make decisions in each interaction you have with our customers.
Reporting to one of our Team Leaders, you’ll contribute to our CX mission of being a cost-effective and service-led operation that delivers value to tails.com and our customers.
How you'll make an impact:
- Be our first point of contact for customers – supporting them in English and German via email, phone and social channels;
- Take ownership of customer queries from start to finish and resolve them in a timely manner;
- Provide great quality service consistently in order to retain and delight customers;
- Educate our customers on our range of products and make appropriate recommendations;
- Provide feedback and share insights when required in order to continuously improve our processes and service.
The skills you'll bring:
- Fluent in English and German (written and spoken);
- Strong and effective communicator - you pay attention to detail and are solution driven;
- Ability to work at pace to achieve pre-defined targets consistently - you are organised and have a solid work ethic;
- Adaptable with a growth mindset and positive outlook - you hold yourself accountable and put into practice constructive feedback;
- Reliable and approachable team player - you have a positive attitude and enjoy supporting others.
What’s in it for you?
- A starting salary of £26,500, reviewed annually based on performance.
- Annual bonus, based on company performance.
- 33 days of holiday per year (including bank holidays), which increases over time to a max of 35 days.
- 9/10 day working week, meaning every other Friday off to enhance your wellbeing without a reduction in pay and leave allowance.
- Two culture days per year to come together as a Customer Experience team - travel and accommodation covered.
- Optional 5 days unpaid leave and 1 paid volunteer day each year.
- When you need a change of scenery, you can work from abroad 2 weeks every 6 months.
Health insurance for you, paid by tails.com, and discounted gym membership.
- Extended maternity, shared parental and adoption pay. Up to 6 months at 70% pay, linked to statutory parental pay.
- Flexible paid care leave to support immediate dependents, people close to you and pets.
- Electric car lease, through a salary sacrifice scheme.
- An external financial coach to support a range of topics - debt management, savings and investments.
- Vet service - to support with all pet related questions.
- In house L&D team, with access to year round courses to help drive your development.
- 50% discount on all tails.com and 40% on Republic of Cats products.
If this sounds like it matches your experience and what you’d love to do, we can’t wait to hear from you! If you’re unsure whether you fit our criteria exactly, please get in touch anyway. And because we believe that diverse teams perform better, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Here’s a taster of how our recruitment process works:
- We will review your CV and application.
- To put your skills to practice, we will invite you to complete a written challenge in English and German (approx. 60 mins).
Should you proceed from there, we will invite you to participate in an initial chat along with a role-play exercise in German with our CX Specialists (approx. 30 mins).
You will then have an opportunity to meet two of our Team Leaders (approx. 60 mins).
- As the final step, you will meet with one of our Operations Managers (approx. 30 mins).
If you are successful, we will contact you to share the great news! We’ll agree on a start date, arrange for your equipment to be sent to you and start preparing your onboarding.
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer. We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.
During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.